Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Research Conference
UCSD Research Center, Room 158
Powell-Focht Bioengineering Hall - Fung Auditorium
2:00 PM, Fridays
San Francisco, CA (February 2010)
- Intermediate filament and ECM mechanics deduced from desmin knockout muscles. G.A. Meyer, A.D. McCulloch, S.R. Ward, and R.L. Lieber.
Workshop on Multi-Scale Muscle Mechanics
Woods Hole, MA (September 2009)
Boston, MA (March 2009)
- Role of nebulin on actomyosin interaction studied in situ in demembranated skeletal muscle fibers from newborn mice. M.L. Bang, M. Caremani, E. Brunello, R. Littlefield, R. Lieber, J. Chen, V. Lombardi, and M. Linari.
- Skeletal muscle lacking the extreme C-terminal SH3 domain of nebulin exhibits heightened vulnerability to eccentric contraction-induced injury. D.S. Gokhin, J. Zhang, M.L. Bang, J. Chen, R.L. Lieber.
Orthopaedic Research Society
Las Vegas, NV (February 2009)
- Botulinum toxin affects muscle function one year after a single injection. V.B. Minamoto, J.B. Hulst, M.J. Lim, K.P. Suzuki, S.N. Bremner, S.R. Ward, and R.L. Lieber.
- Intramuscular lipid accumulation and dramatic force decline after only two Botulinum toxin injections. V.B. Minamoto, K.P. Suzuki, S.N. Bremner, R.L. Lieber, and S.R. Ward.
- Unexpected mitogen activated protein kinase family activity after muscle injury. W.J. Peace, W.M. Campana, S.R. Ward, S.N. Bremner, and R.L. Lieber.
- Intramuscular ketorolac tromethamine acutely impairs skeletal muscle function after eccentric injury. K.P. Suzuki, S.N. Bremner, V.B. Minamoto, R.L. Lieber, and S.R. Ward.
- Tendon transfer surgery increases passive tension of muscle, muscle fiber bundles, and muscle fibers. M. Takahashi, S.R. Ward, J. Fridén, and R.L. Lieber.
North American Congress on Biomechanics
Ann Arbor, MI (August 2008)
Orthopaedic Research Society
San Francisco, CA (March 2008)
- Differential muscle and tendon adaptation after tendon transfer surgery. M. Takahashi, S.R. Ward, and R.L. Lieber.
- Muscle architecture determines active and passive tension-generating impairments during surgical release. M.J. Lim, M. Takahashi, J. Fridén, R.L. Lieber and S.R. Ward.
- Differential effect of dose and volume on muscle structure and function after botulinum toxin injection. J.B. Hulst, V.B. Minamoto, M.J. Lim, S.R. Ward and R.L. Lieber.
- Decreased elastic modulus with muscle fiber atrophy in response to botulinum toxin injection. B.E. Thacker, A. Tomiya, J.B. Hulst, S.N. Bremner, R.L. Lieber and S.R. Ward.
- Increased serial sarcomere number does not result in increased muscle excursion after tendon transfer surgery. M. Takahashi, S.R. Ward, and R.L. Lieber.
- Microarchitecture studies of the human multifidus muscle reveal its unique design as a major dynamic stabilizer of the lumbar spine. C.W. Kim, S.R. Ward, A. Tomiya, G. Regev, M. Dhawan, L. Gottschalk, S.R. Garfin and R.L. Lieber.
- Scapulothoracic and glenohumeral muscle architecture in middle-aged individuals. G.G. Altobelli, C.M. Eng, A.B. Taylor, D. Gokhin, R.L. Lieber and S.R. Ward.
- Glenohumeral muscle architecture differs in middle-aged and elderly individuals. G.G. Altobelli, C.M. Eng, A.B. Taylor, D. Gokhin, R.L. Lieber and S.R. Ward.
Last Updated: Monday, 06-Jun-2011 15:34:35 PDT
For questions or comments regarding this site, please e-mail the webmaster.
Copyright © 2000, University of California Regents. All rights reserved.